Jooje's House of Hockey Sticks

I have a vast collection of Hockey Sticks, so I decided to devote a blog to them... Come here for information and links to my favourite stick manufacuters, and sticks that I own.

10.1.05

Sponsorship Scandal

Hey, I was at a Kitchener Rangers Jr A game the other day, and realized that most of the players from each particular team were using the same stick brands. Kitchener used almost entirely Easton Synergy's with the exception of Michael Richards who uses a Bauer Vapor XX. On the other side, Brampton used almost all CCM Vectors, with the exception of a few Koho shaft/blade combos and One guy, #9 SNOW, who used the new Easton Stealth.

Easton's Stealth is the lightest stick on the market today and costs a pretty penny, even with pro team suppliers, so I figured this guy must be good, or else the team would have told him to use the relatively inexpensive vector like everyone else... well, he never saw a second of PP or PK time, and I think I only saw him on the ice once in the whole third period... Theory exposed... If I ran that team, I'd tell him to take his medicine like a good boy and use the cheaper stick, but then again, i'd probably order the Stealth for myself... just thought you'd like to know.