Jooje's House of Hockey Sticks

I have a vast collection of Hockey Sticks, so I decided to devote a blog to them... Come here for information and links to my favourite stick manufacuters, and sticks that I own.

16.1.05

The New Synergy ST





Here's some new pictures of the new Easton Synergy ST grip, (ST = Super Tough). This is a 2005 model that is not released to the public yet, but is being used by pro's for testing. Judging by the number of sticks I saw break at an OHL game friday, it's about time that someone made a more durable performance stick.

Many companies claim to have more durable sticks with the 1-piece technology, however, none of those sticks can match the performance and light weight of the Synergy. This stick weighs in at 450 grams which is the same weight as the original Synergy, and still a standard to match for light sticks. Other sticks that claim to be the most durable come with extra weight, usually well over 500grams in weight, which is a significant difference in feel. The ST boasts new triple I beam construction in the blade, apparently making it stronger. I would imagine that this would probably cost somewhere around $249-$299cdn.

I'm not too keen on the goober green colour, but would not complain if I was given one of these. It all sounds good to me, and I would expect that when these are on the market, we'll see less crying teenagers due to less breaking sticks.